Staging your Condo for All It’s Worth
Home Staging is the art of STRATEGIC, “neutral” decorating utilizing the science of psychology and marketing insight. It is designed to highlight your home’s best features while eliciting a positive emotional response in potential buyers. By utilizing space planning and staging techniques, it showcases your home with the goal of MAXIMIZING your sales price and MINIMIZING your time on the market.
Only 10% of buyers are able to visualize the potential of a home – what it would like with a different colour palette, what a vacant room would look like with furniture, or a furnished room with different furniture. Savvy property sellers and their Realtors realize that creating a “show home” environment utilizing home staging will entice buyers by helping them envision themselves living in the home. The alternative, one a home seller doesn’t want to have happen, is the buyers can’t “see” themselves living in the home.
With its proven success rate, property staging is rapidly expanding in real estate markets across North America. Research and statistics continually indicate that the economic advantages of home staging are so compelling that I cover the cost of the initial home staging consultation for all my listings.
The goal is to focus all efforts to maximize your largest investment’s potential attraction to as many buyers as possible. This is accomplished by utilizing space planning and home staging techniques to accentuate your properties best features and downplay or minimize any flaws or shortcomings. Staging techniques may include de-cluttering, de-personalizing, cleaning, re-purposing, re-arranging, organizing and accessorizing. The end result is the transformation of the property into a bright and spacious feeling home or condo that will appeal to the broadest spectrum of buyers.
Did you know:
• 97% of buyers agents said staging affects the buyer view of the home (NAR)
• 90% of homes staged prior to going on the market sell in 90% less time (Real Estate Staging Association)
• 58% of sellers agents said staging increases the dollar value of a home (NAR)
• The return on investment for staging is 586% (BankRate.com)
• Stated homes sell 88% faster and for 20% more than vacant homes (Realtor.com)
• Buyers view a home in an average of 6 minutes, they form an opinion in the first 15 seconds, and buyers linger over a furnished home (vs a vacant one) on average of 40 minutes.
• Nearly 1/3 or buyers (27%) are more willing to overlook property faults in a staged home, vs an un-staged home.
• 77% of buyers find it easier to visualize a property as their future home when it is staged.
• 78% of all expired listings are vacant.
• 86% of buyers felt that online photos were the most useful and important feature of their home buying search.
• It is difficult for a property owner to be objective about their home, which can prevent it from being marketed effectively.
By analyzing all factors and features of the home or condo, both inside and out, we create the right balance of mood and lifestyle that is representative of the community in which your property is located with the goal of obtaining a sale price at top dollar. And staging a property is much less expensive than your first price reduction.
#condosforsalecalgary #calgarycondosforsale #stagingcondos